SNS Users' Forums
  • Announcements

• Eric Newbauer

Follow SNS on Twitter!

Get notifications via Twitter! Looking for instant updates? We're now also announcing new versions and beta programs via Twitter. Follow Studio Network Solutions on Twitter. Thanks!

I set up a small lab of Mac computers, one of them being OSX server and a NAS capable of using iSCSI targets.  I installed globalSAN iSCSI initiator on the server and mounted the iSCSI volume as "local storage" on the server.  I then used the OSX server features to allow OSX client users to 'redirect' their home folders to the server's "local storage" aka the iscsi drive.

I just called SNS to purchase the $89 license for our server, and the sales agent told me I need to  buy a license for each client computer...is this correct?  I'm not installing anything on the client computers....nothing on the client computers is accessing the iscsi/NAS device directly.

Hi Ben,

The macOS server shares the iSCSI volumes to the client workstations as a NAS share, correct? If so, then yes, only one globalSAN license will needed.

If you have any other questions, or if we can help out with anything, please feel free to open a support case.

Thank you!

Alan