SNS Users' Forums
  • Announcements

• Eric Newbauer

Follow SNS on Twitter!

Get notifications via Twitter! Looking for instant updates? We're now also announcing new versions and beta programs via Twitter. Follow Studio Network Solutions on Twitter. Thanks!
jeff young

Error using globalSAN on Mac OS X 10.10

Hi,

I'm having trouble on a previously working system.  I'm attaching a mac mini (OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite) to a QNAP.

I have two QNAPs a TS412U and a TS-853A.  Right now I'm interested in attaching to a newly formed target on the 412.  The 412 and the mac are connected via a dedicated ethernet link, they are 'pingable'.  The 412 is running firmware 4.2.3 (latest stable).  When I create a portal to include the 412 i don't see any targets at it's IP address.  If I try to create the targets in the mac system preferences and connect to the QNAP 412 I get the following error message:

1.2.0. Error accessing kernel extension. Please try to reinstall globalSAN software.

What I've done so far:

I have targets on the 853 that are known and previously working. I  don't see the previously working targets at the 853 from the mac mini either. The 853 is running 4.3.3.0095

So, I have removed the software, deleted the configuration, rebooted the machine, reinstalled the software rebooted the machine and have reconfigured...

and I get the same behaviour and errors.

help?

jy

Hi Jeff,

Some storage systems maintain a list of authorized iSCSI initiators, and the iSCSI name from the workstation has to be manually added and approved. If you continue to have trouble, feel free to open a support case, and we can take a closer look at the system.

Thanks,

Alan

Alan,

I've left the policy open (no specific host-based ACL == Allow All)

but perhaps I will create a policy and implement it.

Will report back on result.

jy