SNS Users' Forums
  • Announcements

• Eric Newbauer

Forum closed   06/30/2018

PLEASE NOTE: This forum is closed and no longer moderated. Please visit https://www.studionetworksolutions.com/support/ for assistance with your SNS products. Follow Studio Network Solutions on Twitter. Thank you!
jeff young

Error using globalSAN on Mac OS X 10.10

Hi,

I'm having trouble on a previously working system.  I'm attaching a mac mini (OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite) to a QNAP.

I have two QNAPs a TS412U and a TS-853A.  Right now I'm interested in attaching to a newly formed target on the 412.  The 412 and the mac are connected via a dedicated ethernet link, they are 'pingable'.  The 412 is running firmware 4.2.3 (latest stable).  When I create a portal to include the 412 i don't see any targets at it's IP address.  If I try to create the targets in the mac system preferences and connect to the QNAP 412 I get the following error message:

1.2.0. Error accessing kernel extension. Please try to reinstall globalSAN software.

What I've done so far:

I have targets on the 853 that are known and previously working. I  don't see the previously working targets at the 853 from the mac mini either. The 853 is running 4.3.3.0095

So, I have removed the software, deleted the configuration, rebooted the machine, reinstalled the software rebooted the machine and have reconfigured...

and I get the same behaviour and errors.

help?

jy

Hi Jeff,

Some storage systems maintain a list of authorized iSCSI initiators, and the iSCSI name from the workstation has to be manually added and approved. If you continue to have trouble, feel free to open a support case, and we can take a closer look at the system.

Thanks,

Alan

Alan,

I've left the policy open (no specific host-based ACL == Allow All)

but perhaps I will create a policy and implement it.

Will report back on result.

jy