SNS Users' Forums
  • Announcements

• Eric Newbauer

Follow SNS on Twitter!

Get notifications via Twitter! Looking for instant updates? We're now also announcing new versions and beta programs via Twitter. Follow Studio Network Solutions on Twitter. Thanks!

Hello,

Using globalSAN Initiator on MAC OS Sierra (10.12.2), I experience a problem with iSCSI Disks created on QNAP TS-451+.

When trying to connect a LUN, globalSAN (or MAc, can't say exactly) tells me that the disk cannot be read by this computer and must be initialized.

The Disk Utility program is called up, and when I choose "Erase", the process starts, but ends with a message that the Disk "disk3s2 couldn't be mounted

I found a workaround with ssh into the Mac as sudo, creating a new directory in /Volumes and mounting the disk on that new directory, followed by a sudo chmod 777 on the disk.

The icon for the LUN appears after e few seconds on the Desktop and in Finder, but doesn't survive a restart of the MAC.

I also tried on a Windows 10 PC with the build-in Microsoft Initiator, for another LUN created especially for this PC. It works, including NTFS formatting, and the LUN is shown as a device, and survives a reboot of the PC.

Does anyone experience a similar problem?

Thank everybody  for suggestions and help

Jean-Marie FRANZISKUS

Luxembourg

Is SANmp installed as well? If not, this sounds like it may be a bug in Disk Utility. As a troubleshooting step, it may be a good idea to try formatting using an older version of OS X, or using the diskutil command line options to format the disk instead.