SNS Users' Forums
  • Announcements

• Eric Newbauer

Follow SNS on Twitter!

Get notifications via Twitter! Looking for instant updates? We're now also announcing new versions and beta programs via Twitter. Follow Studio Network Solutions on Twitter. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
chmouse

EVO Shared Storage Boot Drive

We had a power outage this morning and now the EVO server is saying there is no boot device.
  I took out the boot drive and tried to read it on my desktop and I hear it clicking but it will not see the drive.  That is not good.  It is dead.

What is the easiest way to remedy this problem.  I have another 2.5 in drive, but where do I download the OS software and will I lose my configs for the raid and users settings?

Thanks.

Hi,

Please contact us using the Contact Support link and we'll be able to look into your support options.  Please make sure to include the SNS number on the back of the EVO if applicable.

Regards,
Matt

Additionally, please note that depending on your EVO model, there may already be a spare drive included in the rear of the chassis. On current systems, the EVO configuration data is replicated across the data disks to provide for an automatic recovery in the event of OS disk replacement. Let us know and we'll be happy to help with the transition, if needed.

Sign in to follow this