SNS Users' Forums
  • Announcements

• Eric Newbauer

Follow SNS on Twitter!

Get notifications via Twitter! Looking for instant updates? We're now also announcing new versions and beta programs via Twitter. Follow Studio Network Solutions on Twitter. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
justinpadams

Help for complete novice please!

Hi

I have emailed SNS with my questions but had no response.

I am a home user. I have 2 Macbooks - one running Yosemite for now and one running El Capitan.

I have recently purchased a Western Digital MyCloud device. I was hoping to use it as a remote hard drive - i.e. wanted it to appear on the Mac as a drive, just like an internal drive. From what I have read iSCSI is the nearest I can come to that?

My question is, having 2 Macs, do I need to use iSANmp? If I do need to use iSANmp, is this all I need or do I also need the globalSAN iSCSI initiator too?

Many thanks for any advice.

Justin

Hi Justin,

To use iSCSI on OSX at all, you'll need the globalSAN iSCSI initiator. You can get a 14-day trial from our website.

As far as using iSANmp, that's exactly what you'd need. There's a knowledgebase article here that will help you.

I also notice that you're using a MyCloud, so you might take a look at this article.

If you have any other questions feel free to let us know or open a support ticket.

Matt

Sign in to follow this