SNS Users' Forums
  • Announcements

• Eric Newbauer

Follow SNS on Twitter!

Get notifications via Twitter! Looking for instant updates? We're now also announcing new versions and beta programs via Twitter. Follow Studio Network Solutions on Twitter. Thanks!

I recently installed a demo of globalSAN 5.2.0.429 and was able to setup a USB3 volume as a targeted LUN. I was able to mount this volume on a different mac using initiator. However, I then tried to mount this LUN via a server running ESXi (tried both 5.0 and 5.5). In both cases, the xtarget server is discovered when the IP is added to static discovery, and the ESXI server does show up momentarily in the xtarget connection window upon rescan, but shortly thereafter disappears. The actual LUN itself never does show up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi thekrynn, from your description I think it sounds like your ESXi server is being blocked simply because of a trial-mode limitation in Xtarget. (You can only establish connections from a globalSAN iSCSI initiator in Xtarget trial mode.) :( There's more info on this on page 37 of the Xtarget 5.2 manual.