SNS Users' Forums
  • Announcements

• Eric Newbauer

Follow SNS on Twitter!

Get notifications via Twitter! Looking for instant updates? We're now also announcing new versions and beta programs via Twitter. Follow Studio Network Solutions on Twitter. Thanks!
travisd

Sync issues with SANmp and Episode workflow

Hi all,

I'm using an Episode encoding workflow with the SAN and it's periodically losing sync. I have an Xserve that provides the SAN connections to all of the Episode machines via standard file saving. At least a few times a week I have to resync the SAN or reboot the Episode machines and the Xserve to restablish the connection.

Will a newer version of SANmp or Mac OS help improve the sync?

My machines are currently running Leopard and SANmp 3.1.6.376.

Thanks,

Travis

Travis, if I read you correctly, you have an Xserve that mounts one or more SANmp volumes, then shares those SAN volumes as AFP file shares. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by losing sync though-- is the AFP or SAN connection lost, or is there a problem with the file system on the SAN volumes?

You can open a support case by sending an email to support@studionetworksolutions.com

Steve,

Yes you have my workflow down correctly. I'm not sure if the issue is with AFP or the SAN connection. I assume it's the SAN because when I resync through SANmp the encodes will work or if I reboot all the machines. Over time though the connection somewhere gets lost.

My editors are using FCP to create non-self contained movies (all elements on the SAN) this file they send to Episode which then reads the assets on the SAN volumes. When there is a sync issue the encode fails.

I thought I would run this by the forum but I can open a support case if that's what I should do?

Thanks,

Travis