SNS Users' Forums
  • Announcements

• Eric Newbauer

Follow SNS on Twitter!

Get notifications via Twitter! Looking for instant updates? We're now also announcing new versions and beta programs via Twitter. Follow Studio Network Solutions on Twitter. Thanks!
swpowe

Can SANmp mount multiple volumes at once

I'm trying out SANmp and I'm wondering if i can mount multiple volumes at once. When I launch the admin utility, I can see all available volumes but I cannot share a user across multiple volumes. It will not allow me to have the same username on multiple volumes which means I can't mount multiple volumes at once...right? I need to be able to mount multiple volumes each with several smaller partions all at once. Do I have something configured wrong or is this a limitation of SANmp?

I'm trying out SANmp and I'm wondering if i can mount multiple volumes at once. When I launch the admin utility, I can see all available volumes but I cannot share a user across multiple volumes. It will not allow me to have the same username on multiple volumes which means I can't mount multiple volumes at once...right? I need to be able to mount multiple volumes each with several smaller partions all at once. Do I have something configured wrong or is this a limitation of SANmp?

SANmp is capable of allowing a user to mount multiple volumes simultaneously.

Make sure that you have given the user proper mounting privileges in SANmp Admin. Access rights are assigned per user, per volume. It may be that you have only give the user permission to mount the one volume.

See the SANmp Admin user guide for details on creating users and assigning privileges.