SNS Users' Forums
  • Announcements

• Eric Newbauer

Follow SNS on Twitter!

Get notifications via Twitter! Looking for instant updates? We're now also announcing new versions and beta programs via Twitter. Follow Studio Network Solutions on Twitter. Thanks!
ben_pm

Cannot mount volume with Read-Write permissions

Hi,

After a system crash, we are now unable to mount 2 volumes with RW permissions. When mounting, after about 15 seconds I get the error: "A problem was encountered while trying to mount the selected volume"

In the console, I get those messages:

2/2/11 12:14:07 PM SANmp Client[448] *** WARNING: The function NSRunAlertPanelRelativeToWindow is deprecated. It will be removed in a future release and should no longer be used.

2/2/11 12:14:07 PM SANmp Client[448] *** WARNING: Method runModalForWindow:relativeToWindow: in class NSApplication is deprecated. It will be removed in a future release and should no longer be used.

2/2/11 12:14:07 PM SANmp Client[448] *** WARNING: Method beginModalSessionForWindow:relativeToWindow: in class NSApplication is deprecated. It will be removed in a future release and should no longer be used.

We tried with multiple machines, the 2 volumes still mount perfectly in Read-Only but never in Read-Write.

I did a Cleanup Dead Usage: no change. Also tried a Reset Database without any success.

When we try to mount, the FSCK_HFS process do not even start.

What would be the next step? We already saw that kind of behavior but the FSCK_HFS process would run and eventually the volume would mount in RW. The "workaround" we had was to move all the data and re-format/convert the volume to get the RW access back but it takes a lot of time and available disk space.

Hopefully, there will be other solutions?

Thanks,

Ben