SNS Users' Forums
  • Announcements

• Eric Newbauer

Follow SNS on Twitter!

Get notifications via Twitter! Looking for instant updates? We're now also announcing new versions and beta programs via Twitter. Follow Studio Network Solutions on Twitter. Thanks!
oslomike

ProTools DAE error 9126

Hello,

Im currently testing an Infortrend iSCSI unit which has two LUNs, one a RAID 10 (64k stripe, four 1T disks -- four equal partitions) and the other LUN is RAID 5 (also four 1T disks, 64k stripe -- four equal partitions). I am using the globalSAN initiator and SanMP iSCSI software. I can get the RAID 10 partition to work fabulously, but the RAID 5 partitions are giving be trouble. I can copy a ProTools session to a RAID 5 partition and it is super fast, but when I try to open the session I get the DAE error 9126. Another clue is that I can create a new session on the RAID partition but when I create an audio track and try to record something I get a different error, this one says "can't allocate disk space for recording." Anybody have any ideas as to why the two differnt RAID setups would behave so differently? All formatting was done extended, non journaled, Apple Partition Map. The process of converting the disks seems to go without a hitch as well. ProTools simply doesn't like the RAID 5 partition. BTW, have also tried partitioning the RAID 5 into six partitions which brings their size down to below 500G, still won't work.

Are there any known issues I don't know about?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Mike

Mike

Pro Tools is generally not comfortable with any LUN over 2TB. Even if that LUN is partitioned down below 2TB, it still does not work properly.

You can carve smaller LUNs on the existing RAIDs in the Infortrend, map, partition and convert to SANmp. After that things should work just fine.