SNS Users' Forums
  • Announcements

• Eric Newbauer

Follow SNS on Twitter!

Get notifications via Twitter! Looking for instant updates? We're now also announcing new versions and beta programs via Twitter. Follow Studio Network Solutions on Twitter. Thanks!
sommerfeld

Hangs with suspend, fast user switches, and time machine

Hi Guys,

just switched my NAS from Iomega to OpenSolaris based NAS machine. And all of the sudden I get the exact same messages. I just tried the latest initiator but no change. I opened a support ticket but wanted to put the info in this thread as well. Any news on this topic?

Regards,

JP

I have the same error with my Synology DS409 and globalSAN 4.0.0.204 - In the past, deleting-rebooting-reconfiguring seemed to do the trick, not today.

I uninstalled globalSAN 4.0.0.204, deleted the preference file, rebooted, reinstalled, reconfigured, bit I still get the error.

I am pleased to say we have unleashed version 4.1 (64bit version) of the globalSAN iscsi initiator! Give it a spin and let us know what you think. You can find it at the Product announcement forum located here.

Regards,

SNSryan

Share your iSCSI storage with iSANmp. Learn more here - http://www.studionetworksolutions.com/trysanmp.php

Edited by SNSryan

I am pleased to say we have unleashed version 4.1 (64bit version) of the globalSAN iscsi initiator! Give it a spin and let us know what you think. You can find it at the Product announcement forum located here.

I have v 4.1 (Build 279) installed and get the same error, which I also had on the previous version.

Mac OS X 10.6.8 (fast user switching). Synology DS409 ((DSM 2.2) with 2 persistent targets, one used for Time Machine Backups.

The targets eventually (many hours later) get mounted. I would like to know if there's something I can do to fix this permanently - I'm tired of deleting and re-adding the targets.

Thanks,

Francis.

GlobalSAN version 5.1 is now available as a public release. In this build, we have addressed read/write speed issues and connectivity issues with certain targets. In most cases a significant performance increase is seen. We strongly suggest all users take advantage of this free upgrade. learn more about globalSAN v5.1