SNS Users' Forums
  • Announcements

• Eric Newbauer

Follow SNS on Twitter!

Get notifications via Twitter! Looking for instant updates? We're now also announcing new versions and beta programs via Twitter. Follow Studio Network Solutions on Twitter. Thanks!
csharp2a

OS X iscsi initiator was working and now wont start

I have been running Globalsan iScsi initiator OS X V3.3.0.43 and it has been working fine. All of a sudden it wont start and I am getting the following error:

Unable to launch globalSAN iSCSI applicaiton

Your software may be improperly installed. If problem

persists after fresh restart, please reinstall globalSAN iSCSI.

I have done the following:

1. Normal reboot - nothing

2. Uninstalled and reinstalled with a reboot - nothing

3. Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted - nothing

I am not sure what to do next. Also nothing is showing on the console logs or syslogs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am running Tiger Version 10.4.11 on an Intel iMac.

Thanks!

Craig

I have been running Globalsan iScsi initiator OS X V3.3.0.43 and it has been working fine. All of a sudden it wont start and I am getting the following error:

I am not sure what to do next. Also nothing is showing on the console logs or syslogs.

Thanks!

Craig

Hi Craig,

Try trashing the globalSAN iSCSIConfig.plist

1. Open the "Go" menu in the desktop menu bar, choose "Go to Folder" (⇧G).

2. Enter "/Library/Preferences" and hit the "Go" button.

3. Look in the folder for a file called "iSCSIConfig.plist," delete it, empty your trash & reboot.

Let us know how it goes.

thanks,

ryan

Thanks!

Craig

I'm not sure this will be a help, but perhaps it will. For a while we were seeing appeared to be a similar problem on two of our three workstations. The GlobalSAN gui app would crash, although we could still connect to persistent targets. This was on an Intel iMac as well as a PPC Power Mac, both with different versions of Tiger. After trying everything we knew to do - deleting plists, uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting, all in various combinations - we had no idea what else to try. Since we could still connect to our disks we reluctantly just left things as they were.

After I saw this thread I remembered our problem and went to verify the details of our problem machines. But now the app runs just fine. I don't know whether to be frustrated by this or happy. I do not know of any system changes that have been made to these machines. The only thing I can think of that might have affected this is that I believe we had a power outage some time ago and at that time all our workstations as well as the target would have been powered off, and then brought back up in an orderly fashion. Perhaps bringing everything down and then back up again might be something to try.

Hi Craig,

Try trashing the globalSAN iSCSIConfig.plist

1. Open the "Go" menu in the desktop menu bar, choose "Go to Folder" (⇧G).

2. Enter "/Library/Preferences" and hit the "Go" button.

3. Look in the folder for a file called "iSCSIConfig.plist," delete it, empty your trash & reboot.

Let us know how it goes.

thanks,

ryan

I just installed 4.1.0.279 and am having the same problem. Had this with an earlier version as well. There is no file called iSCSIConfig.plist. Looking for other resolutions. Running OSX v 10.6.6.

Thanks.

Got it working. Uninstalled and reinstalled and it's working now.

- Jerry