SNS Users' Forums
  • Announcements

• Eric Newbauer

Follow SNS on Twitter!

Get notifications via Twitter! Looking for instant updates? We're now also announcing new versions and beta programs via Twitter. Follow Studio Network Solutions on Twitter. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Msteel

X16 and routing

We currently have 4 workstations connected to our X16. Each has two adapters, one for our LAN/Intranet and one for the X16. This is good for the workstations since LAN traffic is separate from SAN traffic. But there are a few places we'd like to have access to the SAN where it is impractical to have a dedicated line. Because of this I'd like to connect one of its adapters to our LAN switch and give that adapter an IP address on the LAN. Our IT department wants to make sure that we can disable routing between X16 adapters so we won't have routing problems like multiple routes and loops.

It appears that the HTTP interface to the SAN doesn't allow changes to this setting, and my attempts to test whether routing is enabled seem to indicate that it is not enabled. But I wanted to get a more expert opinion on that, from those who know better what's going on inside the box.

Guest Loring
We currently have 4 workstations connected to our X16. Each has two adapters, one for our LAN/Intranet and one for the X16. This is good for the workstations since LAN traffic is separate from SAN traffic. But there are a few places we'd like to have access to the SAN where it is impractical to have a dedicated line. Because of this I'd like to connect one of its adapters to our LAN switch and give that adapter an IP address on the LAN. Our IT department wants to make sure that we can disable routing between X16 adapters so we won't have routing problems like multiple routes and loops.

It appears that the HTTP interface to the SAN doesn't allow changes to this setting, and my attempts to test whether routing is enabled seem to indicate that it is not enabled. But I wanted to get a more expert opinion on that, from those who know better what's going on inside the box.

The X-16 does not route between adapters. As long as the IP address you wish to assign isn't on the same subnet as any of the other adapters in the X-16, you shouldn't have any routing issues. Please contact support@studionetworksolutionsDOTcom if you have any questions regarding this.

Thanks,

Loring

Sign in to follow this