3 replies to this topic

#1 Peet

Peet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

Hi
We're trying to configure a SANmp solution for both PCs and Macs running both NTFS and HFS+ volumes on the same storage unit. Ideally I would like the Admin machine (OS X) to be able to mount the NTFS volumes R/W so that we can add data to them before they are used on the PCs.
We're currently running Tuxera NTFS (http://www.tuxera.co...a-ntfs-for-mac/) which is the latest incarnation of NTFS-3g, I believe.
However, Tuxera still doesn't seem to allow me to mount NTFS formatted SANmp volumes R/W on my Mac.
Is there a preferred SANmp solution before I go bothering the Finns about their software?

#2 Peet

Peet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

SOLVED!!

SNS recommends the earlier open source version of NTFS-3g which installs MacFUSE by default.

HOWEVER - if you are running Snow Leopard or Lion, MacFUSE will not run in 64-bit mode. You need to use OSXFUSE (http://osxfuse.github.com/) which is 64-bit compatible.

Once I disabled MacFUSE and installed OSXFUSE, then rebooted, NTFS-3g began working and I could write to NTFS volumes.

PLEASE NOTE: You can only mount NTFS volumes on a Mac as RO or Write Exclusive (WX)

Thanks to Jason and Joseph.

#3 tjimbro

tjimbro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

PLEASE NOTE: You can only mount NTFS volumes on a Mac as RO or Write Exclusive (WX)

I just found this out the hard way - would have been nice to know going in. Any effort to resolve this?
T.J. Imbrigiotta
SANmp v 4.1.0.133
NTFS EVO
Windows 7

#4 Joseph Behrens

Joseph Behrens

• KB Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

We are hoping to address this in a future release of SANmp. The limitation is there to prevent an issue that makes the volume unmountable by Windows.

-Joseph
Joseph Behrens, SNS Support Engineer
----
Learn about our SAN/NAS storage products
Follow Studio Network Solutions on Twitter