• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 drp

drp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

The system that I'm using GlobalSAN 5.x on is failing and is in the process of being replaced.

How do I transfer the license from my old system that is going out of production to the new system?

The license keys are apparently node-locked which was not made clear at the time of purchase.

Thanks for your help.

#2 drp

drp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

I just wanted to say thank you to the helpful support I've received from Studio Network Solutions!

Having worked with many technology companies over the years, I received help in record time. My server's iSCSI storage is back online and activated....

I only wish I could say the same thing about restoring my Open Directory archive. Apple clearly needs to work on this aspect of Lion server.

Thanks again for your help!

#3 onsen

onsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:24 AM

Would like to know how this can be done.

I too have a system that is failing and I just replaced. I figured I could just copy the license keys across.

Having found out that does not work, I would like find out how I go about moving to my new system.

I have 2 licenses at present (1 inactive because this is the one I want to move).

Anyone else out there had to do this?

#4 onsen

onsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:43 AM

Got my issue sorted pretty quickly.

Just had to submit a support request.

If you still have your google checkout details and the email address you used to purchase, then I think they just reset your key ... meaning you just cycle through the original steps to activate just like you did initially.

All in all ... pretty painless and prompt response.

Thanks SNS guys/gals/computers! --- cause you never know these days :)