4 replies to this topic

#1 ansgeier

ansgeier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:34 AM

Hi,

for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to uninstall the iSCSI Initiator properly on Mac OS X 10.6.8. It seems to conflict with an external backup RAID connected via eSATA (Sonnet Tempo E2P card). Occasionally (every other day currently), I get errors like these in the kernel.log

SNSSCSIPeripheralDeviceType00::probe fails
SCSIPressurePathManager: Timed out waiting for inactive/error path to become active, loops = 0

Unfortunately this often corrupts the volume.

I already did an uninstall as per instructions found on the SNS website, but the "SNS"-related kernel errors suggest there are still remains of it in the OS.

How can I safely get rid of the initiator and all its drivers on that Mac?

Any advice is appreciated,
thanks in advance!

#2 Billings82

Billings82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:45 AM

Hello! I am waiting forward for advices in this thread too! Thank you all in advance! Any information is appreciated!

#3 ansgeier

ansgeier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:49 AM

On 10.6.8 I have removed /System/Library/Extensions/SNSArchitectureModel.kext, cleared the kernel extensions cache and rebooted the machine. You should probably NOT remove the extension unless you have uninstalled the initiator already.

Clearing the kernel extensions cache works this way (Terminal):
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

Admittedly, I have no idea if this was any helpful. The errors did not occur again, although I should note that I didn't test for a long time yet (two hours). I will report back if I was wrong.

#4 ansgeier

ansgeier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

Update: It's still working fine. You should give it a try.

#5 ansgeier

ansgeier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

Update: After months of successful operation, I would say the above solution really works.