Please note: starting with v.5, globalSAN must be activated with a trial or permanent key. A 14-day limited trial is available for the initiator and Xtarget. During the initiator's trial period, only one connection may be established at a time. (An expired trial can be renewed when a new build is released.)
To purchase a permanent key for the globalSAN iSCSI Initiator, unlock the globalSAN preference pane and click the License button on the Initiator tab. Follow the on-screen instructions to purchase and retrieve the permanent key for your computer.
New! globalSAN v.5.0 installs a Beta for Xtarget. Xtarget allows your Mac to act as an iSCSI target. For example, you can turn FireWire, USB, eSATA, and other drives into SAN storage by using your Mac to act as the storage server. A timed trial of Xtarget is available. (To safely share Xtarget's storage with multiple computers, you must use SANmp/iSANmp or Xsan.)
globalSAN v.5 requires an Intel Mac running 10.6.7 or later, and a Gigabit Ethernet connection with Cat 5e cable or better. Check the installer's readme file for version history.
- OS X Lion support
- Xtarget iSCSI storage server (Beta)
- Connect and Disconnect via Command Line Interface
- Check for updates via preference pane
- Feedback when trying to connect to invalid address
- Ability to rescan for changes to a portal
- Select multiple connections, act on all selected items
- Documentation for globalSAN is now installed to /Applications/globalSAN/
Visit our website for more information or to download the globalSAN iSCSI initiator for Mac OS X.
For immediate updates, follow Studio Network Solutions on Twitter.