EVO Version 2.1 includes the following hardware and OS updates:
- Now shipping with support for newer hardware components, including up to 2TB drives, quad-core CPUs and 8GB RAM
- Now shipping with improved, high availability 2.5" system drive
- Updated drivers for RAID controllers and 10GbE adapter for improved performance
- Refreshed user interface, with hundreds of visual, functional and performance improvements
- New and highly optimized volume architecture, which is automatically enabled on all new SAN volumes created under v.2.1, provides performance increase in all cases
- Added new items to list of events that can trigger administrative email notifications
- Support for APC UPS now fully integrated into UI. Also includes monitoring tools and automatic shutdown configuration, as well as email notifications
- New "Batch volume creation" utility integrated into UI, which enables administrator to easily create a list of new RAID volumes, start unattended processing of the queue and be notified via email upon completion
- Improved handling of situations when an ungraceful shutdown (e.g. site power loss without UPS) occurs
Version 2.1 of the EVO OS is backwards-compatible with all hardware revisions of EVO units. The OS software upgrade is free to existing users; please contact our technical support team if you'd like assistance with the upgrade.
Please visit the EVO Shared Storage System page for more information.