You are unable to modify settings in the globalSAN iSCSI initiator
preference pane. Changes made will not stick.
You receive the following globalSAN error:
"Unable to launch globalSAN iSCSI application.
Your software may be improperly installed. If problem
persists after fresh restart, please reinstall globalSAN iSCSI".
Repair Permissions on the system disk in OS X.
1. Launch Apple Disk Utility (Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility)
2. Select your system drive in the volume list on the left side of the Disk Utility window.
3. Click on Repair Disk Permissions.
4. After repairs are finished, quit Disk Utility and restart workstation.
If the issue persists proceed to:
Trashing the globalSAN iSCSIConfig.plist.
Warning!! Trashing the plist will require all portal & node information to be
1. Open the "Go" menu in the desktop menu bar, choose "Go to Folder" (⇧G).
2. Enter "/Library/Preferences" and hit the "Go" button.
3. Look in the folder for a file called "iSCSIConfig.plist," delete it,
empty your trash & reboot.
Edited by SNSryan, 29 December 2008 - 08:34 PM.