HP xw8600 workstation hangs on boot when installing an Ellipse or Ellipse
Enterprise HBA giving the following error "FATAL : MNI due to SERR".
1. Ensure that neither the HBA, nor its drivers, are installed in the
2. Turn the computer on and press F10 to enter the Hewlett-Packard Setup
3. In the Hewlett-Packard Setup Utility, go to the Advanced menu and choose
Set the options as follows:
PCI Serr# Generation - Disable.
PCI VGA Palette Snooping - Disable
MCH Error Handling - Ignore.
4. Press F10 to accept the changes.
5. Go to the File menu and choose Save Changes and Exit.
6. Press F10 to accept the changes.
7. Allow the computer to fully reboot.
8. Shut down the computer.
9. Install HBA in slot 6.
10. Turn the computer on and install Ellipse/Ellipse Enterprise driver.
HP workstation hangs on boot
No replies to this topic