• Announcements

• Eric Newbauer

Follow SNS on Twitter!

Get notifications via Twitter! Looking for instant updates? We're now also announcing new versions and beta programs via Twitter. Follow Studio Network Solutions on Twitter. Thanks!
sommerfeld

Hangs with suspend, fast user switches, and time machine

30 posts in this topic

Shortly before Christmas I installed the snow leopard beta bits (4.0.0.197) on our home mac mini running snow leopard, and connected it to a 60GB zfs zvol on an OpenSolaris server. I'm using the iscsi device exclusively for Time Machine backups. Backups are (mostly) working but we've had to reboot the mac fairly frequently to recover from hangs -- most commonly, we get the "spinning beachball of death" and apps are unresponsive. Sometimes only one or two apps are affected; in other cases, they all lock up.

We use fast user switching extensively (between two users -- me and my wife) and I've seen the lockup occur when the system wakes up and I immediately user-switch to my account.

I realise that this bug report is woefully incomplete. What information can I collect at this point to help you diagnose the problem? I'm an experienced unix/bsd/solaris kernel developer (and so is my wife) but don't have macos-specific experience.

I realise that this bug report is woefully incomplete. What information can I collect at this point to help you diagnose the problem? I'm an experienced unix/bsd/solaris kernel developer (and so is my wife) but don't have macos-specific experience.

Here's some additional information. "sudo dmesg" contains the following messages which seem to relate to the iscsi initiator:

Wake reason = EHC1

System Wake

Previous Sleep Cause: 5

USB (EHCI):Port 7 on bus 0x24 has remote wakeup from some device

NVEthernet::setLinkStatus - Valid but not Active

Ethernet [nvenet]: Link up on en0, 1-Gigabit, Full-duplex, No flow-control, Debug [796d,0000,0de1,000d,c1e1,3800]

NVEthernet::setLinkStatus - link Valid and Active

GLO Warning: Error 32 while receiving BHS.

GLO Warning: Receiving thread has stopped with error 32.

SNSSCSIPeripheralDeviceType00::setPowerState(0xa36ba00, 1 -> 4) timed out after 100178 ms

and, earlier on the same system:

GLO Warning: Timeout occured while waiting Target became ready.

hfs: Removed 1 orphaned / unlinked files and 329 directories

ioqueue_depth = 128, ioscale = 4

ioqueue_depth = 128, ioscale = 4

GLO Warning: Timeout detected for connection 0xa0bf200 in state 2

SCSIPressurePathManager: Timed out waiting for inactive/error path to become active, loops = 0

SCSIPressurePathManager: Timed out waiting for inactive/error path to become active, loops = 1

SCSIPressurePathManager: Timed out waiting for inactive/error path to become active, loops = 2

SCSIPressurePathManager: Timed out waiting for inactive/error path to become active, loops = 3

SCSIPressurePathManager: Timed out waiting for inactive/error path to become active, loops = 4

SCSIPressurePathManager: Timed out waiting for inactive/error path to become active, loops = 5

SCSIPressurePathManager: Timed out waiting for inactive/error path to become active, loops = 6

SCSIPressurePathManager: Timed out waiting for inactive/error path to become active, loops = 7

SCSIPressurePathManager: Timed out waiting for inactive/error path to become active, loops = 8

SCSIPressurePathManager: Timed out waiting for inactive/error path to become active, loops = 9

SCSIPressurePathManager: new active path available, checking, loops = 10

NVEthernet::setLinkStatus - Valid but not Active

0 [Time 1262713319] [Message System Sleep

Is there anything else I should look for? error 32 is traditionally EPIPE; I suspect that the iscsi TCP connection is being closed by the target while the mac is asleep and it's not recovering from this.

Shortly before Christmas I installed the snow leopard beta bits (4.0.0.197) on our home mac mini running snow leopard, and connected it to a 60GB zfs zvol on an OpenSolaris server. I'm using the iscsi device exclusively for Time Machine backups. Backups are (mostly) working but we've had to reboot the mac fairly frequently to recover from hangs -- most commonly, we get the "spinning beachball of death" and apps are unresponsive. Sometimes only one or two apps are affected; in other cases, they all lock up.

We use fast user switching extensively (between two users -- me and my wife) and I've seen the lockup occur when the system wakes up and I immediately user-switch to my account.

I am experiencing similar problems when I try to do a backup to a QNAP TS-439 NAS. I'm working to establish a pattern, but so far I've noticed that Finder-based file transfers seem to work fine, but rsync-based transfers (rsync from the command line and Carbon Copy Cloner from the GUI) hang the machine, I've not tried Time Machine, but I believe it is rsync-based, and so I don't find it surprising that your transfers are hanging the machine. Like sommerfield, I'm not sure what data to collect to help diagnose this bug, but I'd like to learn. Thanks!

P.S. Note that I don't have these problems when attaching to the NAS via AFP.

I'm trying a few things now that it seems likely that it's a failure of the iscsi initiator on the mac to recover gracefully from an unexpected close of the tcp connection by the target. This is really in the category of workaround/mitigation rather than a real fix but if it lets us keep using time machine for now..

1) I set the "Wake for network access" preference in the "energy saver" system preference pane (it was previously not set).

2) I built a custom version of iscsitgtd on solaris which doesn't set the (sadly misnamed) "SO_KEEPALIVE" socket option so it should be more tolerant of an unresponsive peer.

It's too soon to tell if this makes a difference. I'll report back in a few days.

another new error message (bolded below) in "sudo dmesg" output:

Ethernet [nvenet]: Link up on en0, 1-Gigabit, Full-duplex, No flow-control, Debu

g [796d,0000,0de1,000d,c1e1,3800]

NVEthernet::setLinkStatus - link Valid and Active

SNSSCSIPeripheralDeviceType00::setPowerState(0x13ecb400, 0 -> 3) timed out after

100193 ms

Is the target driver attempting to power-manage the remote iscsi disk?

Hey sommerfeld, thanks for the info. Investigating...

Thanks. timestamps from /var/adm/kernel.log shows that "GLO Warning" messages are coming out at a rate of several per minute:

Jan 8 12:10:55 McGarrett kernel[0]: GLO Warning: Timeout occured while waiting Target became ready.

Jan 8 12:11:25: --- last message repeated 2 times ---

Jan 8 12:11:26 McGarrett kernel[0]: GLO Warning: Timeout occured while waiting Target became ready.

Jan 8 12:11:56: --- last message repeated 2 times ---

Jan 8 12:11:57 McGarrett kernel[0]: GLO Warning: Timeout occured while waiting Target became ready.

are these from the driver? anything you want me to look at with dtrace or other tools?

Thanks. timestamps from /var/adm/kernel.log shows that "GLO Warning" messages are coming out at a rate of several per minute:

are these from the driver? anything you want me to look at with dtrace or other tools?

im also getting these timeouts and wondering about them.

Hey Guys,

A newer version of the initiator is available that may address your issues. This new version is available for download here -

http://www.snsftp.com/guest/globalSAN_4.0.0.204_BETA.dmg

Please try to reproduce the issue using this newer version and let us know your results. Thanks in advance for your assistance. We look forward to hearing the results.

-ryan

Please try to reproduce the issue using this newer version and let us know your results. Thanks in advance for your assistance. We look forward to hearing the results.

I've installed the new initiator. While it's too soon to be sure, it appears to be a big improvement over the previous beta. In particular, time machine seems to be much faster and more responsive now and there isn't a lag after resume before the system becomes responsive.

During and shortly after boot I saw the following messages in the kernel log:

Jan 12 23:53:00 McGarrett kernel[0]: jnl: disk1s2: replay_journal: from: 4760576 to: 5237760 (joffset 0x1e0000)

Jan 12 23:53:00 McGarrett kernel[0]: jnl: disk1s2: journal replay done.

Jan 12 23:53:00 McGarrett kernel[0]: ioqueue_depth = 128, ioscale = 4

Jan 12 23:53:01 McGarrett kernel[0]: GLO Warning: Tail (65536 bytes) of the Data Segment (PDU 0x9246400) will be ignored.

Jan 12 23:54:15 McGarrett kernel[0]: GLO Warning: Tail (65536 bytes) of the Data Segment (PDU 0x9246400) will be ignored.

Jan 12 23:56:19 McGarrett kernel[0]: GLO Warning: Tail (65536 bytes) of the Data Segment (PDU 0x8ee3c00) will be ignored.

Jan 12 23:56:32: --- last message repeated 3 times ---

Jan 12 23:56:32 McGarrett kernel[0]: GLO Warning: Tail (65536 bytes) of the Data Segment (PDU 0x93c2c00) will be ignored.

Jan 12 23:57:02: --- last message repeated 9 times ---

Jan 12 23:57:17 McGarrett kernel[0]: GLO Warning: Tail (65536 bytes) of the Data Segment (PDU 0x93c2c00) will be ignored.

Jan 12 23:58:07: --- last message repeated 3 times ---

I have not seen any:

Jan 12 23:46:45 McGarrett kernel[0]: GLO Warning: Timeout occured while waiting Target became ready.

since rebooting with the new beta.

I've installed the new initiator. While it's too soon to be sure, it appears to be a big improvement over the previous beta. In particular, time machine seems to be much faster and more responsive now and there isn't a lag after resume before the system becomes responsive.

During and shortly after boot I saw the following messages in the kernel log:

I have not seen any:

since rebooting with the new beta.

That's great news! Thanks for posting the logs. Please let us know if you run into anything else. Thanks for all your help.

-ryan

Not to hijack someone else's thread, but I previously tested the first 4.0.0.x beta release which ended up disconnecting my iSCSI target shortly after connecting, and crashing finder. I'm pleased to say that 4.0.0.204 has solved all of those problems! It works flawlessly, and even connects after startup far faster than 3.3 ever did. Not to mention the GUI overhaul is beautiful.

Keep up the good work SNSryan, and the rest of the SNS gang!

Hey Guys,

A newer version of the initiator is available that may address your issues. This new version is available for download here -

-ryan

Hi Ryan,

First of all, thank you for providing a free iSCSI initiator for the Mac. Personally, I think Apple's been a bit lax but your company stepped up to the plate so kudos to you!

Just caught a minor thing... I was on the FAQ page on the Studio Network Solutions site and noticed the link to the 4.0 beta still points to 4.0.0.197 rather than 4.0.0.204.

Another tiny item... The copyright message in the globalSAN iSCSI System Preference says "2004-2009" rather than through 2010.

Also, a few questions...

- Do you have any release notes for 4.0.0.204?

- What are the plans as far as a 64-bit version of the initiator?

- Quite a while back, I tried 3.3.0.43 with an OpenSolaris target and found that write performance was really slow (compared to IET on Ubuntu running on the same hardware). As far as you know, were these issues addressed? I noticed someone posted at the top of this thread that they were using OpenSolaris but not much was said about performance.

- One thing I noticed after installing 4.0.0.204 over 4.0.0.197 and rebooting... my Finder's menu bar was overwritten with some other text that was unclear. I relaunched the Finder and that cleared it up.

Regards,

Nate

Hey Guys,

-Ryan

Performance is running about the same as it was for build 197 (which was excellent). Here are some write results from Snow Leopard (10.6.2) to IET 1.4.18 on Ubuntu 9.10 over Gigabit Ethernet (only a 1500 MTU - not jumbo frames):

bash-3.2# time dd if=/dev/zero of=/Volumes/Backup/testfile bs=1048576k count=4

4+0 records in

4+0 records out

4294967296 bytes transferred in 40.739566 secs (105424964 bytes/sec)

real 0m40.975s

user 0m0.001s

sys 0m9.961s

Regards,

Nate

Not to hijack someone else's thread, but I previously tested the first 4.0.0.x beta release which ended up disconnecting my iSCSI target shortly after connecting, and crashing finder. I'm pleased to say that 4.0.0.204 has solved all of those problems! It works flawlessly, and even connects after startup far faster than 3.3 ever did. Not to mention the GUI overhaul is beautiful.

Keep up the good work SNSryan, and the rest of the SNS gang!

Whoops :(. Seems the previous 4.0.0.197 problems persist in 204 as well. Both Time Machine and iTunes froze after about ~20 minutes after startup. The iSCSI disks were mounted, and globalSAN said they were connected but when trying to view the contents past the root list of directors Finder crashed. Reverted back to 3.3 and both Time Machine, iTunes and Finder work as expected.

:(,

-robodude666

Hi Ryan,

First of all, thank you for providing a free iSCSI initiator for the Mac. Personally, I think Apple's been a bit lax but your company stepped up to the plate so kudos to you!

Just caught a minor thing... I was on the FAQ page on the Studio Network Solutions site and noticed the link to the 4.0 beta still points to 4.0.0.197 rather than 4.0.0.204.

Another tiny item... The copyright message in the globalSAN iSCSI System Preference says "2004-2009" rather than through 2010.

Also, a few questions...

- Do you have any release notes for 4.0.0.204?

- What are the plans as far as a 64-bit version of the initiator?

- Quite a while back, I tried 3.3.0.43 with an OpenSolaris target and found that write performance was really slow (compared to IET on Ubuntu running on the same hardware). As far as you know, were these issues addressed? I noticed someone posted at the top of this thread that they were using OpenSolaris but not much was said about performance.

- One thing I noticed after installing 4.0.0.204 over 4.0.0.197 and rebooting... my Finder's menu bar was overwritten with some other text that was unclear. I relaunched the Finder and that cleared it up.

Regards,

Nate

Hi Nate,

Thanks for the feedback!

We'll try and reproduce the finder upgrade issue.

It's hard to say if the speed issue you ran into with your Open Solaris target is fixed or not. Please do try again and share your findings with the forum.

None of the documentation has been updated for any of the beta releases. You can expect all documentation to be updated when the final candidate hits the streets. Let us know if you spot anything else. Thanks for keeping an eye out :)

64bit globalSAN initiator is on the roadmap. Subscribe to the product announcements forum or follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/snstweets if you want to be automatically notified of the release.

-ryan

Whoops :(. Seems the previous 4.0.0.197 problems persist in 204 as well. Both Time Machine and iTunes froze after about ~20 minutes after startup. The iSCSI disks were mounted, and globalSAN said they were connected but when trying to view the contents past the root list of directors Finder crashed. Reverted back to 3.3 and both Time Machine, iTunes and Finder work as expected.

:(,

-robodude666

Hi,

Did you try uninstalling 3.3 using the original 3.3 installer package then upgrading to v.4.0.0.204?

-ryan

Thanks for the feedback!

I really appreciate you guys making this happen for Mac users.. I really wish good things for this project. Here are some things that I have run into .

It would be nice if the target mounted before login instead of 1-2 minutes after you login. At least an option.

It would also be nice if I didn't have to repair my volume every 2 days. If your hfs+ does become corrupt. Just use Disk Warrior. Nothing is wrong with you data, you don't need to "recover" anything. It takes about 3 minutes to repair the volume.

Also, my very fast Intel Snow Leopard Mac seems sluggish when running this software. It will also be nice when they released a 64 bit version. Over disk speed seems bad also. Read and Write.

Using this on two machines seems to be what causes the most volume damage. Especially if one machine adds something to the volume or crashes and doen'ts properly eject the volume.

Have you released anything beyond the 4.0.0.204 beta?

Using this on two machines seems to be what causes the most volume damage. Especially if one machine adds something to the volume or crashes and doen'ts properly eject the volume.

The corruption isn't stemming from globalSAN -- it's due to the fact that HFS+ is not natively a "multi-user" file system. Connecting multiple computers to an HFS+ file system (or any single user, non-clustered file system such as HFS+ and NTFS) will definitely cause problems like those you reported unless you use something like SANmp.

Please see this FAQ for more info.

At this time 4.0.0.204 is the latest beta drop.

Hi,

Did you try uninstalling 3.3 using the original 3.3 installer package then upgrading to v.4.0.0.204?

-ryan

I had a similar issue when trying to install 4.0.0.204. I installed it without uninstalling 3.3 first, and after reboot the prefpane simply crashed after entering accepting entering 32-bit mode. I tried to uninstall 4.0.0.204, reboot, and reinstall several times before I tried using the 3.3 uninstaller, then reboot, reinstall 4.0.0.204, reboot and it would still crash. I ended up uninstalling 4.0.0.204, rebooting, deleting the iSCSIConfig.plist from my preferences folder, rebooting, installing 4.0.0.204 and then it worked without crashing.

After finally getting 4.0.0.204 to start without crashing, I used it for about an hour before rebooting to see if it would reconnect, which it did. I ended up running it for about 12 hours before Time Machine + Finder + iTunes Froze & crashed on me. Hard reboot, and everything seemed to work fine except after about 20 minutes into downloading podcasts and doing a TM backup I noticed that both processes sort of froze. That's when I realized that the drives were still mounted, and connected, but were not accessible beyond the root list of folders (both through finder and the terminal).

I'm now back to 3.3.0.43 after uninstalling 4.0.0.204, rebooting, deleting the plist config, rebooting and reinstalling 3.3.0.43 and reconfiguring everything. It works well, like it always has except for the stupid "32-bit pref switch" popup and the 4-5 minute wait before the iSCSIs connect after login. The little "We can't connect to anything.. try again?" popup is a tad annoying, especially as it comes up after the drives connect and get mounted.

Potentially, if possible, I'd recommend releasing a 3.4 or similar version first which implements some of the GUI changes (or plist changes) and add an "export" and "import" settings function to backup the config files. While it's not hard to add the portal, targets, and setup CHAP it gets annoying after a while. Plus, it wouldn't hurt to have settings backup functionality. I would also like to see a 64-bit compatible prefpane so that we don't have to see the naggy popup.

-robodude666

Hello,

Since last globalSAN update (version 4.0 build 204) the Mac (Snow Leopard 10.6.2) freezes from times to times (but this build corrects the timeout problem).

A clue : the initiator seems to not properly release some connections. I got sometimes error E3FF8206 : "Too many connections on the session"

Here the kernel panic log. Hope this will help a bit.

Best Regards,

Patrick Colis

Interval Since Last Panic Report: 655312 sec

Panics Since Last Report: 12

Anonymous UUID: C488C8E7-A86B-48F4-A45F-171F6C95B56E

Sat Feb 27 08:51:34 2010

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x4fb96a): "IOExtendedLBA::_RESERVEDIOExtendedLBA1 called."@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1486.2.11/libkern/c++/OSMetaClass.cpp:906

Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)

0x48ce3cb8 : 0x21b2bd (0x5cf868 0x48ce3cec 0x223719 0x0)

0x48ce3d08 : 0x4fb96a (0x5d03d8 0x10b9bb4 0x10b9bb4 0x1)

0x48ce3d28 : 0x10b361c (0x10bce0c 0x1 0x18 0x48ce3e34)

0x48ce3d48 : 0x12c377b (0x554e040 0xbd36100 0x48ce3d9c 0x556063)

0x48ce3dc8 : 0x119d448 (0x5550400 0xbd36100 0x48ce3e38 0x48ce3e34)

0x48ce3e68 : 0x119d6ec (0x5550400 0xbd36100 0x1 0x556b400)

0x48ce3ea8 : 0x119ae6b (0x5550400 0xbd36100 0x3 0x0)

0x48ce3ee8 : 0x131dd6e (0x556b400 0xbd36100 0x2710 0x2313d1)

0x48ce3f58 : 0x1319c13 (0x556b400 0x23ac6252 0x48ce3f78 0x2a0596)

0x48ce3f78 : 0x22f973 (0x556b400 0x0 0x48ce3fc8 0x227634)

0x48ce3fc8 : 0x29d68c (0x863ea0 0x0 0x10 0x5a043c4)

Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies):

com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIMultimediaCommandsDevice(2.6.0)@0x1314000->0x132bfff

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IODVDStorageFamily(1.6)@0x12d6000

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOBDStorageFamily(1.6)@0x130f000

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily(1.6)@0xe89000

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily(2.6.0)@0x1197000

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOCDStorageFamily(1.6)@0x12ce000

com.apple.iokit.IOATAPIProtocolTransport(2.5.0)@0x12c0000->0x12c4fff

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily(2.6.0)@0x1197000

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOATAFamily(2.5.0)@0x10b0000

com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily(2.6.0)@0x1197000->0x11b0fff

com.apple.iokit.IOATAFamily(2.5.0)@0x10b0000->0x10bcfff

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

Mac OS version:

10C540

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 10.2.0: Tue Nov 3 10:37:10 PST 2009; root:xnu-1486.2.11~1/RELEASE_I386

System model name: iMac7,1 (Mac-F42386C8)

System uptime in nanoseconds: 11239475997425

unloaded kexts:

com.apple.driver.AppleFileSystemDriver 2.0 (addr 0xea1000, size 0x12288) - last unloaded 95119474881

loaded kexts:

com.regularrateandrhythm.driver.RowmoteIREmu 1.0

com.iospirit.driver.rbiokithelper 1.7.2

com.sns.driver.SnsiSCSI 4.0.0

com.sns.driver.SNSArchitectureModel 1.0.0

at.obdev.nke.LittleSnitch 2.2.05

com.apple.filesystems.afpfs 9.6 - last loaded 90985039010

com.apple.nke.asp_tcp 5.0

com.apple.filesystems.smbfs 1.6.0

com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch 30.9

com.apple.filesystems.autofs 2.1.0

com.apple.driver.AppleHWSensor 1.9.2d0

com.apple.driver.AppleUpstreamUserClient 3.1.0

com.apple.driver.AppleHDA 1.7.9a4

com.apple.kext.ATIFramebuffer 6.0.6

com.apple.filesystems.ntfs 3.1

com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin 4.0.1d0

com.apple.driver.AppleLPC 1.4.9

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelMeromProfile 19

com.apple.Dont_Steal_Mac_OS_X 7.0.0

com.apple.driver.AudioIPCDriver 1.1.2

com.apple.driver.AppleBacklight 170.0.14

com.apple.ATIRadeonX2000 6.0.6

com.apple.driver.Oxford_Semi 2.5.1

com.apple.iokit.SCSITaskUserClient 2.6.0

com.apple.iokit.AppleYukon2 3.1.14b1

com.apple.driver.AirPortBrcm43xx 421.91.26

com.apple.BootCache 31

com.apple.AppleFSCompression.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib 1.0.0d1

com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage 1.6.0

com.apple.driver.AppleFWOHCI 4.4.0

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBHub 3.8.4

com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort 2.0.1

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelPIIXATA 2.5.0

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI 3.7.5

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBUHCI 3.7.5

com.apple.driver.AppleHPET 1.4

com.apple.driver.AppleEFINVRAM 1.3.0

com.apple.driver.AppleRTC 1.3

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIButtons 1.3

com.apple.driver.AppleSMBIOS 1.4

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIEC 1.3

com.apple.driver.AppleAPIC 1.4

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient 96.0.0

com.apple.security.sandbox 0

com.apple.security.quarantine 0

com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall 2.1.11

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement 96.0.0

com.apple.driver.AppleMultitouchDriver 204.9

com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver 2.2.4f3

com.apple.driver.DspFuncLib 1.7.9a4

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileReadCounterAction 17

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileTimestampAction 10

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileThreadInfoAction 14

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileRegisterStateAction 10

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileKEventAction 10

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileCallstackAction 20

com.apple.driver.IOPlatformPluginFamily 4.0.1d0

com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireIP 2.0.3

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBAudio 2.6.6b2

com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController 1.7.9a4

com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily 1.7.9a4

com.apple.iokit.IOSurface 73.0

com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothSerialManager 2.2.4f3

com.apple.iokit.IOSerialFamily 10.0.3

com.apple.driver.AppleSMC 3.0.1d2

com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily 1.7.2fc1

com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib 1.3

com.apple.iokit.AppleProfileFamily 41

com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIParallelFamily 2.0.0

com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport 2.0

com.apple.kext.ATI2600Controller 6.0.6

com.apple.kext.ATISupport 6.0.6

com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily 2.0

com.apple.driver.CSRUSBBluetoothHCIController 2.2.4f3

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController 2.2.4f3

com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothFamily 2.2.4f3

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBHIDKeyboard 1.2.0a3

com.apple.driver.AppleHIDKeyboard 1.2.0a3

com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIBlockCommandsDevice 2.6.0

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHIDDriver 3.8.4

com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireSerialBusProtocolTransport 2.0.0

com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireSBP2 4.0.5

com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIMultimediaCommandsDevice 2.6.0

com.apple.iokit.IOBDStorageFamily 1.6

com.apple.iokit.IODVDStorageFamily 1.6

com.apple.iokit.IOCDStorageFamily 1.6

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBMergeNub 3.8.5

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBComposite 3.7.5

com.apple.iokit.IOATAPIProtocolTransport 2.5.0

com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily 2.6.0

com.apple.driver.XsanFilter 402.1

com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family 310.6

com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily 1.9

com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireFamily 4.1.7

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBUserClient 3.8.5

com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIFamily 2.0.2

com.apple.iokit.IOATAFamily 2.5.0

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily 3.8.5

com.apple.driver.AppleEFIRuntime 1.3.0

com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily 1.6.1

com.apple.iokit.IOSMBusFamily 1.1

com.apple.kext.AppleMatch 1.0.0d1

com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet 6

com.apple.driver.DiskImages 281

com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily 1.6

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform 1.3

com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily 2.6

com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily 1.3.0

Model: iMac7,1, BootROM IM71.007A.B03, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 2 GB, SMC 1.21f4

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro, ATI,RadeonHD2600, PCIe, 256 MB

Memory Module: global_name

AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x88), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.10.91.26)

Bluetooth: Version 2.2.4f3, 2 service, 1 devices, 1 incoming serial ports

Network Service: Ethernet, Ethernet, en0

Serial ATA Device: WDC WD6400AAKS-65A7B2, 596,17 GB

Parallel ATA Device: MATSHITADVD-R UJ-85J

Fibre Channel Device: SCSI Target Device @ 0

Fibre Channel Device: SCSI Target Device @ 0

USB Device: Built-in iSight, 0x05ac (Apple Inc.), 0x8502, 0xfd400000

USB Device: Hub, 0x050d (Belkin Corporation), 0x0237, 0xfa400000

USB Device: Hub, 0x050d (Belkin Corporation), 0x0237, 0xfa410000

USB Device: Logitech USB Headset, 0x046d (Logitech Inc.), 0x0a14, 0xfa412000

USB Device: Keyboard Hub, 0x05ac (Apple Inc.), 0x1006, 0xfa200000

USB Device: USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse, 0x046d (Logitech Inc.), 0xc043, 0xfa230000

USB Device: Apple Keyboard, 0x05ac (Apple Inc.), 0x0221, 0xfa220000

USB Device: IR Receiver, 0x05ac (Apple Inc.), 0x8242, 0x5d100000

USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller, 0x05ac (Apple Inc.), 0x8206, 0x1a100000

FireWire Device: Oxford ATA Device 00, Macpower, Up to 800 Mb/sec

Patrick, which iSCSI target are you using? Thanks...

He's using a Synology DS209+II with latest firmware (DSM 2.2 version 968).

No auth and header checksum control is set on either side.

I've another information : the Kernel Panic occurred only if using fast user switching (more than one user logged). Each user has automtic sleep configured.

The KP occurred always some times after error E3FF8206 : "Too many connections on the session" (i have two different targets).

Thanks for all your support,

Patrick Colis